Extra- curricular activities
• MU ALPHA THETA (MATHEMATICS HONOR SOCIETY): Since 9th grade, I have been a member of Mu Alpha Theta, Mathematics Honor Society club in my school. The club requires that we maintain an A or B in our math class. In that club, we provide tutoring to students who have a hard time understanding the math they are taking in class. Every week I took part in the tutoring. We also had to fundraise in order to get money to participate in competitions. We fundraised about 4 times a year. I ran for secretary in my sophomore year, however I was not elected. I did not give up hope and ran again in my junior year for the 2011-2012 school year and was elected. Now my responsibility is to communicate the information to other members and coordinate activities.
• NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY: I have also been a part of the National Honor Society since I was inducted in April of Sophomore year. The requirements for NHS Is that we have to maintain a 3.0 GPA and we have to have 30 community service hours by March of 10th grade. In NHS, we take part in several fundraisers and activities for the community. I ran for secretary but was not elected.
• BENGALI ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH FLORIDA: participated in the cultural programs since I was 4 years old till present starting from solo dances to group dances.
• DANCE: I started dancing when I was 4 years old. I have learned Ballet, Tap, Jazz and Hip-Hop. I have also learned and performed a number of dances in Indian dance styles. I still perform on stage.
• JAZZERCISE: August 2008-Present; 3-4 hours a week; which included weight training and cardiovascular exercise.
• I have learned to piano for several years.
• I learned swimming as well as tennis.
• MEMORIAL HOSPITAL MIRAMAR: Volunteered in the Pediatrics Emergency Room from February 2011- Present; entertained the patients with crafts so they can enjoy their visit to the Emergency Room; helped the nurses with anything I thought I can do for them, like making packets or cleaning rooms; Fridays 5p.m- 9p.m. I also have to come up with activities for the kids to do while they wait for the nurses to take care of them.
• SOUTHWEST REGIONAL LIBRARY: Volunteered in the Storybook Parade in November of 2008 & 2009
• BENGALI ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH FLORIDA: Co-editor of the magazine in September 2009 & 2011; contacted members to contribute in the magazine; proofread the articles that were submitted. For BASFL, I have also helped set up and decorate the stage for the Indian events.
• MU ALPHA THETA: Tutoring was provided to students who were facing problems in math and I was involved with that.
• COMMUNITY CENTER FESTIVALS: For Independence Day, our community center hosts festivals where I have taken part in 2008 and 2010.
SCHOOLS OF INTEREST
Academic Index: 239
AI Rank: 9 out of 9
Note: This is only an estimate. To calculate an accurate academic index, follow the link below.
What is the academic index?
Calculate your actual academic index score
Academic Index Table
||Chance at Ivy League