State or Country: International; Middle East
Program: Arts & Sciences
SAT I: Math 750; Writing 750; Reading 650
SAT II: MathI 730/ MathII 750/ Physics790
(My school does not offer APs; most schools in my country don't)
GPA: 4.0 (weighted/ out of a 4.0 scale)
Profile of Activities:
- Varsity Volleyball (Captain, 3 yrs)
- Active member in my school's environment club (the head is a teacher; not a student) (3 yrs)
- Founder of an NGO + Treasurer (1 yr)
- Volunteer Recruiter + Volunteer with a Marathon NGO (2 yrs)
- Been a delegate in three MUN conferences; won in two.
- Trained a delegation of 16 delegates for an MUN conference. (across 3 yrs)
- Founder of my school's Student Council+Student Body President (1 yr)
- Member of a debate/public speaking club in a local university (2 yrs)
Note: I wasn't exposed to a lot of resources, but I made use of those that I could reach.
Supplements: show a lot of passion for Columbia and for my field of study as well.
Personal Statement: It's about how I overcame something in my life. (I'd say it's definitely a winning essay; all those that I've consulted loved the essay)
Interview: It was very friendly; much more of a conversation than an interview (a formal one though). I portrayed myself the best way I could, and most probably I have a good interview report.
Academic Index: 278
AI Rank: 9 out of 9
Note: This is only an estimate. To calculate an accurate academic index, follow the link below.
What is the academic index?
Calculate your actual academic index score
Academic Index Table
||Chance at Ivy League